Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defiance gaming community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Activity and Reform!

Go down 
+5
Carlos
Digs
Leeshya
Elamshinae
Amber
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Amber
Admin
Amber

Number of posts : 348
Motto : I'm BoSsY!
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Activity and Reform! Empty
PostSubject: Activity and Reform!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:57 pm

Hey all! It was discussed way back that we needed to reform the community and begin by cleaning up the forums and possibly making a new site all together. Many of us have not spoken in ages and some may not even remember who or what Defiance is. This is a sad time. Defiance is a gaming community. You don't have to be in the guild to be part of the community or part of what we have come to call 'family'. On this note, I would like to invite everyone back to our community and invite comments/questions/feedback, etc. to help build this community and family back up to its former glory and shoot beyond.

I will be sending out a mass e-mail informing every member that they have 4 months to visit the forums and sign this activity topic to let us know that they would like to remain a part of the community and family.

So, as of April 1st 2012, any accounts that were not active in 6 months will be deleted. Anyone who misses the e-mail and comes to the forums after this date will need to make a new account. I'm sorry if anyone misses this and is deleted. I hope everyone will find the e-mail and visit and we can grow once more. cheers

If everyone would respond and let us know also which game your are playing if any, I can add forums specific to your game for you.

Looking forward to 'seeing' you all again and growing as a family and community once more. I miss you all and can't wait to reunite this family! Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabledreams06
Elamshinae
Admin
Elamshinae

Number of posts : 21
Motto : Me? A Perv? Never! Stop laughing...
Registration date : 2009-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Reform!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:44 pm

Oh wow, I actually had to rack my brain to remember my username...old age is setting in or maybe it's just the lack of caffeine.

So, yeah, I'm still alive. Stressed out like you wouldn't believe, but still around.

I'm not playing much other than Forsaken World. PWI sucks, between the OP fishies and the ridiculous prices for non-CSers, I just log in once in a while to rack up a few more red hours for the heck of it. >_> Not doing Rift or any of the P2P games, and not gonna buy Guild Wars 2 when it comes out, either, the money REALLY isn't there for it, so I'm stuck in F2P heck for the foreseeable future, so yeah, I'm kinda boring. >_>

Back to top Go down
Amber
Admin
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Reform!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Heya Kishy! Welcome back to the community, such as it is. I had trouble remembering mine too, lol. And mine is my name! >.<

Glad to see you're doing okay, even if stressed. I've been trying to contact you on msn, however it never seems to get through or perhaps it has?

Steff and I keep bouncing from P2P to F2P games, we just can't find anything that's working for us both these days. Not that we're even having much time anymore. I got in a game for like...an hour? this week except for the weekend now, but I'm so damned pooped from the week I don't know how much I'll get done ingame. T.T

I can definitely relate with not wanting to pay for games. We've just been trying to give the P2P games a chance, but it seems the P2P games are basically Pay to play alone and the F2P games are pay to win. Annoying. It seems the MMORPG industry is really taking a hit playerwise. Not so many people wanting to deal with the same old BS. I hope to see some better P2P and F2P games in the next year atleast. Smile

Added a Forsaken World forum for you and anyone you maybe want to bring here or any other community members who may be interested in playing or whom are already playing.

Going to attempt to setup a Raidcall (voicechat) soon since I think our TS server finally kicked the dust.
Back to top Go down
Leeshya
Legendary Spammer God
Leeshya

Number of posts : 206
Motto : I cannot cry coz the shoulder cries more
Registration date : 2009-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Reform!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 4:48 pm

I was scratching my head for ages trying to figure out who the hell Defiance Gaming was...
I even had to create a fake account, to go through the members list and find the username I used, then sign into that to find the posts I made to THEN remember Perfect World and my short stint there lmao

If anyone missed me, I'm sorry for dropping off so suddenly. Had a lot of RL shit to deal with over the last few years and I'm only just getting back into some hobbies now.

Recently I've been playing Rift and BF3, and of course.... Skyrim Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
Back to top Go down
Amber
Admin
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Reform!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:21 pm

LOL! Well, welcome back! I don't think we ever really met ingame or anything as I was on the Harshlands server. Nice to meet ya. Smile (Would you like me to nuke the temp account for you?)

I played RIFT for awhile with Arda, but it seemed kind of dead for the most part on the server we played. In the end, the ugly character models drove me nuts and we moved on for another game. Arda wanted to try BF3, but with its invasive software built into it he won't try it. I think it'll be changed soon. Germany seems to be in an uproar over it. We're planning to purchase Skyrim next month if we can. How is it? Finally something that can truly replace Oblivion as most awesome game ever, or no?

Btw, would you like a specific forum setup for any of these games?
Back to top Go down
Leeshya
Legendary Spammer God
Leeshya

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Reform!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:39 am

I don't think we ever met ingame, no. From dusty memory I remember Yoda and Kiraluna or something?

Rift is actually quite cool, I enjoy it, not sure what you mean with ugly character models I found them much better than most other mmos I've tried.
Also not sure what you mean with invasive software with BF3. Could that be Origin? It's very similar to Steam and is a pain in the ass, considering you have to launch the game from a browser every single time and the loading times are ridiculous. But it is well worth it I think.
And Skyrim... It's just a digital orgasm... I wish I could take days/weeks/months off work to hide and be dead to the real world. It's incredible, you just have to get over some minor nuissances and it's perfect.
Umm if anyone else is playing Rift, BF3 or TESV then yea sure it'd be cool to have a separate section.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Admin
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Reform!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:57 am

Yea, Yodan calls me Anty. I used to play Antalya and was once the director of the LC guild. When my husband and I moved to the Harshlands server, Yodan and godofdarkness wanted to stay on LC, so we left them as the leaders of the LC guild.

The females in RIFT look rather man-ish in my opinion. But I'm used to playing asian MMO's with the cutesy or modelesque character models, I think. I think the character creation on AION and PW spoiled me. lol

BF3 and Origin and EA's terms of services. Germany is in an uproar over it. Germans like their privacy and Origin in particular is scanning everything on your computer and sending info back to the company. In one instance, someone caught Origin scanning their tax file program and sending their tax info back. I was lazy and didnt feel like hunting down a bunch of links to articles, so I'll just link you this thread by someone over BF3 who has links to articles and such.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1155275/various-battlefield-3-outrage-in-germany

Glad to hear Skyrim is as awesome as it's been projected to be. I think we'll be buying it this next month. A sort of Christmas present for us. ^^

I'll keep an eye out for anyone else saying they play these games then and if so add a forum for that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Digs
Defiance Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Stangers   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 1:03 pm

PWI Forever!!!.. lol.. bounced around couple games..got into a couple betas like DC universe... but nuthin really keeps me entertained like pwi. so when i do have time to play usually on there. Once I get that new skyward Zelda game working will be on it for a bit. I'm a Zelda fan..don;t judge me!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/italion20
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Number of posts : 92
Motto : We'd smoke an ounce to that
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: hi haters   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 1:29 pm

thanks to ambizzy for reminding people about things that my memory fails on.

Chris DiGiorno aka digs you will be judged dam it!

Im not really playin computer games right now, but im always down for a good one if we get can get a squad to roll with.

keep in touch holmies.

carlos
Back to top Go down
Amber
Admin
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Reform!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 12:15 pm

lol, Digsy! Very Happy I'm not judging. I played a couple Zelda games before. Not since way back in the N64 & Gameboy days, but I played a couple. ^^ I rather liked them. I've been wanting to get my hands on a Wii to play some of the good old nintendo games and some of the new Wii games. Plus, if I move to the 3rd floor apartment in the new place we're looking at, I got to have some way to drive my neighbors nuts. My fatass bouncing around trying to game on the Wii should just about do it, I think.

You're welcome Carlos. ^^ I hate to see such a wonderful group and community just die away like it has. I hope we can build it all back up again. I'm looking into some more 'free' community offers for websites, forums, voice chats, etc. Any suggestions for how we can build the community back up would be great. Smile

@Leeshya: What RIFT servers are you on? Are there special Oceanic or Asian servers for that region or are you on North American or European servers? Carlos, Ardachris, and I were thinking of trying it out again at the beginning of December. I did enjoy the game, I just picked a dead server, I think. And perhaps a dwarf isn't the most feminine of characters, but I really think all the females look kind of funny, but that's just me probably. Other than that, the game was pretty damn sweet. I can imagine it would be great fun with some friends to play with.
Back to top Go down
Leeshya
Legendary Spammer God
Leeshya

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Reform!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 10:02 pm

I really couldn't tell you what server I was on. I haven't played it since ... late 2009 maybe? lol Is there one called Lost Lands or something?
PWI kept my interest for a short while, but after about 25 it bored the hell out of me. Way too much grinding (even the quests were nothing but grinding), not enough interesting items to look for or collect, no great weapons/armour/etc to look forward to other than premium items. The only real thing I miss is flying.
So unless it's changed dramatically since then, or I'm persuaded I don't think I'll go back to it.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Admin
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Reform!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Ah, okies. We began playing on the EU PvP server Bloodiron. Sadly we've become 'casual gamers', lol. Gaming mostly on the weekends. Its Carlos, Ardachris, and myself. Good times.

Arda and I also started toying around with Anno 1404 the last days. He's owned it for awhile now and occaisionally tinkers on it, but we finally got around tonight to purchasing me the gold edition in english. Very Happy

Yea, PWI is a wonderful example of asian MMO's and their grindfests, but I didn't really have issues with the grind fest until about level 60+ and then 70's were a breeze, 80 is where my enthusiasm finally died. Though I could actually handle the grind fest. It was the mega push with lucky boxes, lucky corals, etc that just really ruined it for me. I really enjoyed the days when a GM event happened and playing for the good gear was cool and all you paid for was making it easier to play, not buying massive loads of lucky boxes, etc for gear. (Which I admit to spending a couple paychecks doing myself. I have a terrible gambling addiction when it comes to things like that. >.<) I definitely miss the flying. Not many games with flying much less the constant ability to fly. Aion was interesting with its flight features.

Here's to looking forward to all the great MMO and MMORPG's of 2012 & 2013. My personal watch list being TERA & Blade and Soul. I got a thing for the little lolli characters with the big eyes and even bigger animal ears. Surprised I'm also really excited about the gaming aspect of TERA since its supposed to be like playing with skill. Aiming, shooting, moving out of the way, etc. I'm fairly certain I'll fail at this pretty badly, but I can't wait to give it a shot. lol.

rendeer Happy Holidays! santa I hope everyone is managing to stay stress free and enjoy a good time with all the festivities and light shows going on. Smile I for one am certainly enjoying the awesome german christmas markets!
Back to top Go down
Harper
Defiance Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Activity and Reform!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 11:33 am

Hi all,

My in game name was harper or harpers not played on pc for at least 8-12 months been playing a lot of cod on ps3 but that's getting boring sometimes. Played all sorts of pc games from moh to eve which is the last game i played online. i played GW , EVE , PWI , WOW , RIFT, LOTR to name a few but i think sometimes u get to a point in some game and just give up try a new one then get bored again and so on.

I think i need to back in to it and to visit here more. well i off to wait for santa now Wink have good xmas and hope c u all soon Smile
Back to top Go down
Chryssania
Admin
Chryssania

Number of posts : 48
Motto : You can tell me to be good (I'm ALWAYS good), just don't tell me to behave!! ;P
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Wow. Some of you are still around... !!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:51 pm

bounce

I'm not sure I know anyone here except Carlos and Amber, but its amazing that this site & forum still exist. The VERY weird thing is that I just went looking for my info for it yesterday & couldn't find it. Then I decided to check all my old email accts. & found Amber's email.

Hope you're still checking this, since I see the last post was back in December. Crying or Very sad

I'd love to hear from you Amber AND you Carlos (if for no other reason than to annoy you.. tongue ). And anyone else who remembers me.. lol.

Peace.

Chryss

Back to top Go down
TaleOfDefiance
Knows how to post
TaleOfDefiance

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Reform!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:54 pm

wow it's been like ages lol but ye so sry to tell ev1 i'm still alive and kickn haha that shud be good news right. but ye tale is still here. havent been gaming really well not online anyways been caught up with skyrim haha think i pulled like ova 3oo hrs lol. nuthin rlly new wit me just hard to get internet connection way out here in the farmlands.
Back to top Go down
TaleOfDefiance
Knows how to post
TaleOfDefiance

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Reform!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:56 pm

oh btw my email is taleofbruce@yahoo.com if any1 wanna drop me a hey, hello, hi, whats up or anything =)
Back to top Go down
TaleOfDefiance
Knows how to post
TaleOfDefiance

PostSubject: be happy for me!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 3:45 am

it's late here. don't know what to say really but i'm in such a good mood i had to come on and share the news hahaha. just won mee self 38000 dollas whoo hooo that's texas holdem for yu baby heehee. not gonna brag anymore but oh yeah! showme som love!!! aight that's all sweet dreams eveeryone and much love y'all
Back to top Go down
Natsunekohime
Admin
Natsunekohime

Number of posts : 625
Motto : To be loved is all I need. Whom I love, I love indeed!
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Reform!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:48 am

Congratzzz Tale Drinking together Late in responding but still happy for ya!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activity and Reform!   Activity and Reform! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Activity and Reform!
Page 1 of 1